May 23, 2011

32 Week Growth Scan

Today's growth scan went well overall. Makayla weighs 4lb 13oz and Makenzie weighs 4lb 9oz...at 32 weeks this is awesome...or should I say HUGE?! Makayla is in the 90th percentile and Makenzie is in the 80th percentile...where are these girls getting there size from is what I would like to know...did they give us the wrong ones at the transfer?! Just kidding we are so thankful that they are growing so well and pray that they will continue to do so. Unfortunately because of the positions that they are in and the fact that their is two babies with no room to move at all the technician could not really get a good shot of either of their lil faces. We were able to watch Makenzie sucking on her fingers for a minute and got a couple pictures, but Makayla is facing backwards and so far down on my cervix she could not get a shot of her face at all as much as she tried. Oh well, all that matters is that they are growing!!!

After the technician did all the exam/measurements the Dr came in the room to go over things with us. She said "the babies are huge", but seemed very pleased with their size and overall. My cervix has not changed too much which is great...looks like bed rest really is working. The Dr then had the technician to rescan Makenzie's brain...we did not know why she was doing this so she tried to explain that one of the ventricles was measuring a 10.19 and the normal range cuts off at 10. It is measuring just barely outside of the normal range so we will have to keep a close eye on it. But after looking at it herself on the ultrasound she said it looked just fine to her. She was a great Dr but one that spoke Dr talk only, and we had no clue what she was even talking about with all this. She said not to worry though its just something we need to watch. I go see my regular OB this week so I was just going to talk to her about this, but as the day went on and I had time to think about things I started to worry (thats what bed rest will do to you). I called my Dr office and my Dr called me back this evening to go over things and explain to me everything...however the minute we started to talk about things he had to get off the phone because he had to deliver a baby (which I was hoping was one of my friends, but no such luck yet). Before hanging up he said to not worry at all they see this all the time, but that he will call me back to go over things. I most likely won't hear anything till tomorrow or maybe not till I go back this week for our appointment. We are confident that everything is just fine and know that God is in control; we just want to understand better what they are looking at and referring to. We will keep you posted on this...just in the meantime keep praying for the girls to continue to grow and develop as healthy as can be!!!


Makenzie Grace sucking on her little fingers


I have been telling Carl for the past week that I have a feeling that after the scare of the contractions for so long, weeks upon weeks of bed rest, then the BIG scare at 28 weeks of my cervix shortening (effacing), and having to get the steroid treatments that now the girls are going to be HUGE and wait until the very last minute to make their appearance. Well we know one thing...right now they are HUGE...I have over 9 pounds of baby in me at 32 weeks which does not include the 2 sacks, 2 placentas, a liter of fluid a piece, and all that good stuff. No wonder I am ginormous and so uncomfortable!!! M and M you are so worth it all though and we cannot wait to hold and love on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment