March 4, 2011

What a week...

This past week has been so up and down to say the least...Sunday started with a beautiful baptism for our precious niece Reagan and celebrating some birthdays with the family that night and we got to spend some time with family we don't get to see too often which was great! Then Wednesday morning we had a good Dr's appointment and saw 2 healthy lil heart beats and then I started physical therapy again which I soooo need and really think is going to be a great thing (I'll go into more detail in a later post about this).

After pt we switched gears and headed to a funeral...a good friend of ours mom passed away...it was a beautiful service but always hard to see those you care for and love going through something that is so tough that you can't really do anything for other than be there to support them.

Then comes Thursday March 3...March 3 is always a tough one for us. One of our best friends passed away on March 3, 2000. Of course the anniversary of any loved ones death is extremely tough especially this one for us. I literally remember every single detail from that dreaded week back in 2000 and even this pregnancy brain can't change that...this is one thing I may be ok with the pregger brain erasing some of the details but that is not the case...gosh I miss Macy but praise the Lord for the time we did have together and the blessing she was.

Switching gears again...March 3 is also my father in laws birthday...so its a happy day at the same time...my father in law is awesome and without him I would not be married to my amazing husband so of course we want to celebrate for him!

Last night was also our last multiples birthing class...this was bitter sweet. It was a great last class and I will write more about the whole course later on.

When we got home last night I crawled into bed and realized my phone was still on silent from class and when I looked at it I had a missed call at 10pm...it was my aunt. Everyone knows I am usually asleep by 9 so I knew something was up. I called her back and Aunt Pam told me that our "Uncle John" had passed away. It did not come as a complete shock because he has been sick for a while, but that does not really make it any easier to deal with a loved ones death. Not the way I planned on ending the night last night to say the least...especially on the anniversary of another loved ones death. My heart and prayers are with all of the Castranio's, Mooney's, and my family etc...RIP John Castranio we love you!!!

Then first thing this morning I got a call from my Dr...I knew exactly why they were calling...yep you guessed it...I FAILED my first glucose test. I know that this is VERY common and the chances that I will fail the 3 hour test are pretty slim...however I am not looking forward to this 3 hour testing!!! Its not the sitting there or the drinks I have to consume...its the fasting for 8 hours prior and not eating still for the 3 hours I am there?!?! Don't these people realize how hard this is for a pregnant woman?! This is very cruel to do anyone let alone a starving 24 hour a day pregnant with twins woman! Just pray I pass the dreaded three hour test please :)

So as you can see this week has had many ups and downs to say the least...I am just so thankful for my faith and relationship with God to get us through the good and the bad. We are blessed to have known these amazing people that we miss when they are gone, blessed to celebrate birthdays and baptisms, good appointments, these two little girls growing in my belly, and all the blessings in our lives on a daily basis. Some days are going to be tougher than others to say the least, but thankfully I am surrounded by an amazing husband, amazing family and friends and above all a loving God who is always there with a plan and in control!!! I am praying for all those in my life going through an especially difficult time...including those situations not mentioned above. My heart and prayers are with you all and know how much we love you and are here always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment