How your baby's growing according to Babycenter.com:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.24 Weeks Twins Fetal Development index

Tomorrow we go for our 24 week ultrasound growth scan to see how the girls are growing and make sure that they are right on target and devloping properly! The last ultrasound the girls were not positioned anything like the above picture of twins in the womb at 24 weeks so I am interested in seeing if anything has changed or if they are still all over the place...I know from the way that I look and how high my big belly is that it seems as if Baby Girl B is still laying across my entire body above my belly button...not to mention the way that I am still feeling them as they kick, punch, flip, and all the other karate moves they are performing (yes I am already feeling one in my ribs but only on the right so far)!!! I still am amazed at how I can tell the difference in them moving and kicking...so cool!!! Anyhow, I hope to post some new pictures asap...in the meantime please continue to pray for their growth and development and these contractions to continue to slooooooowwww down!!! Thank you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment