March 17, 2011
This past weekend I started having a lot of contractions. I have had random ones here and there but my Dr's office said it was normal with multiple pregnancies, but if I had six in an hour I needed to call them. By Sunday evening they were pretty constant so I called the Dr first thing Monday morning. I went in and they checked me out and everything seemed to be just fine with the babies so he put me on 48 hours of an NSAID to see if that would slow things down. I went in to work Tuesday and had a few throughout the day but nothing constant. Wednesday I worked from home so I was able to stay in bed all day working on the computer and resting my body...I had contractions throughout the day and they seemed to get worse and worse as the day went on. By 8 last night they were pretty intense and I had 4 bad ones in less than 30 minutes and ended up having 8 in an hour. They were taking my breath away and hurting pretty bad so I called the oncall Dr and she wanted me to go to the hospital...I was a lil hesitant and she said she would give me an hour and to continue to lay on my left side drinking plenty of fluids and timing everything. Within 45 mintues I had 7 more intense ones so I called her back and she said "go to the hospital". So in we went...they were expecting me so as soon as we got there they got me into a room checked my cervix (which was fine) and hooked me up to all the monitors...two for each babies heart beat and one for contractions. It took them forever to find baby a's heart beat because they were both squirming around sooooo much from all the excitement, but they finally got both of them on the monitors at the same time and they sounded great! While they were trying to find the heartbeats I had a couple contractions, but by the time she got what she needed and turned the contraction monitor to the right place it traced only one contraction in like 20 minutes. Of course this is exactly what I knew would happen and why I was hesitant to come in in the first place. So the Dr was like this is great news...everything seems ok...we will have you finish the bag of IV and you should be able to go home in the next 45 minutes. We were happy to hear this, but I was a little worried because of how intense things had been and I knew once we left that things would most likely get worse again. However, as soon as she said that and left the room...BOOM 5 strong contractions hit immediately. Carl was watching them on the monitor and telling me how strong and long they were...of course I could feel them so I knew this already but I think it helped him to be able to see that. So the Dr came back in and had the nurse give me a shot of Terbutaline to try and stop the contractions all together. They warned me it was going to make me jittery and my heart go crazy...wow they were not kidding...it was crazy how it made me feel, but hey if this was gonna help then keep it coming! After the shot they monitored me for a while and were pleased with how they had slowed down...they did one more internal exam as well which she was pleased with so the Dr said we can keep you here or you can go home to your own bed and monitor yourself. Considering things seemed much better and Carl had a super long day ahead at work I chose my bed...not to mention how uncomfy the hospital bed was! So we were sent home with a list of 13 preterm labor discharge instructions...the hardest which is the strictest bedrest there is...I only have bathroom privileges! But like I've said before...if I have to lay on my head with my feet in the air till its time then I will do it...ANYTHING for my precious girls! We got home around 3ish and I got no sleep due to my heart still beating so fast plus using the bathroom every 20 minutes from all the fluids from the IV. After Carl left for work this morning I finally was able to get a lil rest. I feel so bad for him though...he barely got any sleep either and has a super long day at work and then his first soccer game tonight and taking care of us in between it all...praying he has the energy for all of it! For now I am continuing to monitor/time the contractions...thankfully they are a lot less today and hoping that continues. I know its common with multiple pregnancies to have preterm labor however its still very scary...but we are comforted knowing God is in control and has a plan!!! Please continue to pray for us and that the bedrest and meds will do the trick! Thank you guys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment