These pictures were taken right before we left for our Dr's appointment at Duke
This is a video at the Dr's office right after our ultrasound (sorry its a little hard to see because they keep the lights out for the ultrasound):
As you can see from the video this Dr's office was really high tech and amazing to say the least!!! The staff and Dr's were incredible! I Highly suggest anyone with a high risk situation to go to Duke Perinatal Consultants. Not only was it a high deff ultrasound machine that they use, but they have a flat screen on the wall so that you can watch and have explained every single second of it. We wanted to video the whole thing, but they have a policy that you cannot. The tech looked at every single part of each of our little girls entire anatomy very carefully and examined each part to make sure there were no abnormalities anywhere. They even watched how the blood was flowing through the heart and the kidneys and so much more...it was the coolest thing we have ever seen. Technology is so amazing!!! The ultrasound lasted at least 45 minutes and we loved every second of it. After the ultrasound the tech sent the scans to the Dr to review and then we waited for the results...which is when we made the video above. The Dr came in just as sweet as she can be and told us everything looks GREAT!!! We of course (or should I say I) had a few quetions for her and she carefully answered each one of them. And come to find out she herself has twin girls...so we had lots to talk about. She says she wants to watch me like a hawk so I will go back there in 4 weeks for another appointment...its won't be so in depth and long, but they want to make sure everything is growing properly and all that good stuff. The appointment seriously was awesome and we left there feeling amazing!!! We are just so thankful to God for two HEALTHY baby girls and pray that things continue this way!!! We can't thank you all enough for your prayers and support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These pictures were taken after our Dr's appoinment and videos we made...very happy mommy and daddy to say the least...TWO HEALTHY BABY GIRLS!!!
Last night we had our first birthing class. I know its early, but because of the twins we are doing a Multiples Birthing Class which is done in the second trimester and since the next class is not until the middle of May it was too close to the 3rd trimester. There are 7 couples in the class...there are two sets of Triplets and they are each having 2 boys and a girl, then there are three sets of twin boys, one boy and girl, and then there is us...twin girls! They were excited when we said twin girls (we missed the first class because I did not know about it at first) because there are so many baby boys in the class. All the other couples are due late May and June so it was incredible to see the difference in size and to see what I have in store very soon!!! Two interesting things I learned: 1: Fraternal twin girls are the most rare...its goes twin boys, boy girl, and then twin girls so WAY TO GO CARL!!! Then we learned that with twins you should gain 25 pounds by week 20?!?! Holy cow!!! I may look big but that is a LOT of wieght...I deff want my babies to be healthy, but that is a big thing to accomplish! Better start eating more...3500 calories a day is suggested...WOW?! Other than that the class was interesting...my favorite part was getting a massage from Carl (I just hope he can keep it up) and learning the different techniques! Some parts were awkward and different but hey we can handle it and can't wait to learn more!!
You guys are going to be the BEST parents!! Already going to the classes and meeting people going though the same thing!! Exciting!! i love you all!! now can i go shopping????????? let me know when we can have the baby shower too!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah...2 lbs by 20 weeks...I am only one day behind you and I have gained ummm...3.5lbs. I have a HUGE amount of catching up to do. So jealous you know what they are. We are still waiting until Tuesday and then we will know. It is so fun seeing someone else go through the same events. We are so blessed!! (x2)
ReplyDeleteTraci and Carl, congrats! You have been so blessed. And every girl should have a sister, how perfect!
ReplyDelete