February 20, 2011

Last Dr's Visit

So last week was a bit of a rough one physically. Guess it is all just catching up with me...which I am completely up for and don't want to complain because it is all for an amazing cause, but some days are just rougher than others and we could use some extra prayers for. Last Wednesday I woke up pretty miserable and literally could not get out of bed between my back/hip/nerve pain and other stuff it was a rough morning. I had a normal Dr appointment scheduled for Friday, but knew that I could not wait with the way I was feeling. So I called and let them know what was going on and they got me right in. I met with the Dr and had an exam and discovered I have another infection. Evidently it was caused by the antibiotics I took over a month ago for my UTI. Because I already have an autoimmune disorder plus it is super common in pregnancy the Dr said I could keep going back and forth between this and a yeast infection. Oh the joys that come along with pregnancy...so much fun, but all completely common and completely normal so no reason to worry. The Dr put me on some meds for the infection and hopefully it will go and stay away. We then listened to the babies heart beats and she said they sounded great!!! After the exam and talking a bit it was determined that the best thing at this time for me and the babies is that I only work in the office 3 days a week (I was shocked but will do what is necessary). There were many determining factors in this decision including twins and high risk that led to her decision, but hopefully this will prevent bedrest anytime soon. Thankfully I am going to be able to do some work from home to keep up my hours for now. So I am to continue to take it easy and no heavy lifting and bending and all that good stuff and just do what is best for me and the babies. My schedule for the past few months has pretty much been work then come home and crawl into bed to rest/relax then dinner and then bed. I am very fortunate to have an awesome husband that is extremely understanding and takes extremely good care of us! The babies and our health come first...the house stuff can wait is the motto these days. Thank you all for your continued concern and prayers through all of this. Yes some days are tough, but it is all worth it and we are doing awesome and just could not be any happier!!!

WOA!!! 18 weeks and 6 days! (remember there are two babies...CRAZY to think I'm the size of a singleton pregnancy at 26 weeks 6 days)


A perfect example of how I felt last week...look at that big belly though!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment