February 1, 2011

Apples to Avocados?!

Crazy how much has changed in just a week. This was part (I will spare you all of the details as some are very in depth) of yesterdays update from Pregnancycenter.com:

"Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop." Below is a picture of what twins look like at 16 weeks in the womb to give you a better idea:



So no more Honeycrisp and Fuji size this week we have moved on to bigger things, and I can't believe they are about to double in size...does this mean my belly is going to double in size ;) Whatever happens these precious little ones are worth it all!

Did I mention the coolest thing ever...I have been feeling the babies move!!! No kicking and punching yet just little movements like popcorn popping almost. Its such a cool feeling and reminder of the little miracles in my big ol belly! 16 weeks WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo happy for you both. Thanks for the BLOG. I enjoy reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear you say Yippy when you have a leg stuck up inside your ribs and an arm stuck in your bladder and anything you eat comes right back up because there is no room for your stomach!!! All kidding aside, Im very happy for you all! Feeling your babies for the first time is a moment you will NEVER forget!

    ReplyDelete