April 21, 2011

Week 27 check up

Went back to the Dr for my weekly check up on Wednesday and things are going well. The Fetal Fibernectin test came back negative again which is awesome and makes me feel so much more confident! Still having contractions...but trying to avoid anything that brings them on (aka being as lazy as possible and hydrated) and the Dr's are keeping a very close eye and as long as they don't get any worse or more consistent than we should be ok. My iron levels are still good so the meds are still working and most importantly...my cervix is still closed and the girls heartbeats sounded great!!!! My uterus is measuring 30 weeks...which is perfectly normal considering I am having two babies...I just have to keep remembering that is why I am so big already!!! They want to continue to see me weekly and keep a close eye on things so I will go back to see them next Thursday. And Wednesday we go back to Duke for another growth scan ultrasound!!! I cannot wait to see how big the girls are!!!!! Just continue to pray that both girls are growing on target and from head to toe things are going well for the girls (and their momma)!

As far as I go...well I am truly feeling the weight of these blessings for sure and have good days and tough days. I am going to physical therapy twice a week which is helping, but some days I literally feel like my bones are crumbling in my hips and back. Considering I have arthritis and nerve damage (just to name a couple of the problems I have lived with for years) I have never really felt the pain or had issues anywhere other than my lower body, however things have changed with my entire body throughout the pregnancy and add to that the swelling in my hands and feet...now every joint I have is aching! The swelling in my feet makes them feel like they are like burning or something...its so wierd, but thankfully as long as I stay off of them the swelling stays down in my feet at least. I also have carpal tunnel in my wrists which is totally normal with pregnancy...I have been wearing wrist splints to sleep in for months at bedtime (also suppose to help with swelling), but now thinking its gonna be a day time thing as well. So next time you see me just ignore the attractive wrist splints, back brace, possible SI belt for the sciatica and hips, and the official waddle which I am quickly mastering ;)

Sleep has officially left the building (pretty much since the contractions began)...between the fact that I cannot get comfortable, the sciatica pain, and contractions its hopeless so I have given into the fact that I will stay completely exhausted for the next couple years! All for great reasons though :)

I don't say any of this to complain because I am 100% aware that this is the most amazing blessing ever and I praise the Lord for these miracles, but I am telling you because I would appreciate and need your prayers. So if you don't mind please keep me in your prayers as well!!!

Hard to believe that we are days away from our third trimester and couldn't be any happier!!! So blessed things are going so well and pray they will continue to do so throughout!

No comments:

Post a Comment