April 27, 2011

28 Weeks Updates

So today we went back to Duke for our growth scan of the girls. The second the ultrasound started you could see how much they have grown. It was awesome...not only that, but we had the same tech as last time that so kindly did the 3D/4D and I was so hoping she would do it again.

Both girls are still in the same positions...Baby A is head down and Baby B is transverse (laying all the way across my uterus with her head at Baby A's feet again).

The ultrasound tech started off with baby A and immediately turned on the 3D/4D so we could see her precious little face...we were so excited and thankful. Just like last time she kept throwing her lil hands up, but this time she kept covering her face...we watched her for a couple minutes and got 1 good picture of her and she is just too cute. Then she moved on to measuring her and checking all of her organs. All of her measurements and organs looked great and her heart beat was about 144.

Then we moved onto Baby B...remember she did not cooperate last time so I was just praying she would today so we could see her on the 3D/4D and she did!!! We watched her for a while and got quite a few good pictures of her. I may be a little partial since they are our girls, but I think she is just precious too...and to me they look just alike...it will be interesting to see if they do when they are here! Then she moved on to her measurements and organs. At first her heart beat was a little low, but she seemed to just be resting because when we checked it a couple minutes later it was back up to 140 so I felt much better. And all of her organs and measurements looked great as well!

Baby A weighs 2lb 8oz which measures 27 weeks 6 days. Baby B weighs 2lb 11oz which measures 28 weeks 1 day. These are within a couple days of each other and are almost dead on with our due date...this is beyond AWESOME with twins. Usually with twins baby b is a little smaller because of the location, but not our girls! They are both are so close with their weights and measurements that they are just thrilled with how well they are developing and growing as are we!!! We are so thankful the girls are doing so wonderful and just are praising God for these blessings and good news!!!

Carl happened to mention to the tech that I have been contracting and had to go to the hospital so she wanted to check my cervix just to be safe. Thank the Lord he mentioned it and that we went back to Duke today! She was unable to see on the external ultrasound because of baby A's head position so she had to do a vaginal u/s plus its much more accurate. The last time it was measured it was around 3.5. Today unfortunately it has shortened to 2.5. They like it to be at least at 3. The Dr came in and saw us and explained that because of the contractions and having twins this is probably the reasoning and not too uncommon with these circumstances. He wants us to come back next week to have it checked again and depending if there are any changes they may start me on 2 rounds of steroid treatments in order to help develop the girls lungs if they come early. He also told me to take it super easy and sent the results over to my regular OB. I just happened to be going to an appointment there right after we left Duke for my weekly checkup with one of the midwives.

So I went on to my OB office and started out with my gestational diabetes blood test (PLEASE pray I pass and do not have to take the 3 hour test again and do not have gest diab). Then I went in to meet with one of the midwives. She came in the room and said she had received the fax from Duke and we started to discuss things. Then Dr V came in the room in the middle of our conversation and said he had just gotten off the phone with Dr Cooler from Duke and that it is time for official and immediate bedrest! They both discussed with me the importance of taking this seriously and how every day keeping them in is such a huge deal. The midwife said getting to 32 weeks would be awesome...30 weeks would be good and each extra day is a big deal! Dr V said not to worry too much because he has had patients that were able to go all the way to their due date when he put them on bedrest measuring their cervix at 2. So I will listen and do all that I can for the girls. The rough part is no more going to physical therapy which has been so good for my back and hips...they said I may qualify for at home PT considering all of my conditions so I will look into that soon.

So the plan is to go back next Wednesday to Duke to check things out again and we will go from there. My OB said that we may have to do hospital bedrest eventually to slow things down. Please pray that the at home bedrest will work and that the girls continue to grow/develop as healthy as can be and most importantly they stay put inside me and keep cooking, and that I can stay healthy for them. We will continue to do any and everything that we can for these girls to get here as healthy as possible!!! We may even start taking you up on all of your kind offers to help us out with food and help around the house because I can't do it for the rest of the time for sure.

I am trying not to worry about all of this and stress as that is not helpful to the circumstances at all, but it is a little hard for sure. I also received a call on Monday that as soon as my disabilty and  maternity leave is over that I unfortunately no longer have a job (I won't go into all the details of that right now)...which adds to the stress to say the least. Not only that but my disabilty has still not been approved because they are waiting on more info from the Dr and the whole process is just taking forever! Please pray that it will all get taken care of and be approved asap so that will be one less thing to worry/stress about.

I know that everything happens for a reason though and that God is in control. I am just going to let go and let God and keep reminding myself of a great verse that is very fitting at this time:

  • Philippians 4:4-9 (New International Version, ©2011)

     4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

**As soon as Carl gets home I will have him scan all the pictures in from today to share with you guys and post them later. As always thank you all for your prayers and support and all your sweet messages that mean so much to us!!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment