There is really no nice way to say this other than this past Tuesday sucked...
I know that last week I said that I was going to try and catch up on the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately we have had a lot going on and with the girls who was I kidding...I just don't have the time or energy! It has taken me all day just to get to this point of this post between everything going on. I still have a couple posts to get out there like Halloween and all of their cuteness when I find the time though.
Basically though from the first of November the girls have been sick and all out of whack. We were very fortunate up until that point as far as their sleeping at night went. Then as soon as they hit four months between getting their shots and getting that horrible cold thats going around and then I actually got a stomach bug which the dr thinks Makenzie got a bit of as well things went downhill at night. For the past 2 weeks the girls were up EVERY 2 HOURS to eat!!! It was worse than when they were newborns! It was like an alarm clock went off in them throughout the day and night and if it was more than 2 hours (sometimes less) watch out world for the loud cries!!! Needless to say I was going crazy!
So Monday night I said that's it...we're going to try them in their cribs and see if that helps. We have still had them in our room because their room is upstairs and honestly I knew once we put them upstairs that Carl would no longer help me at night and when they are up all throughout the night to eat it is so helpful to have Carl to change them after I feed them. However it was time...they are four months old for crying out loud. So we tried it out...long story short the night did not go well. We knew it was going to be a work in progress though so I was not too shocked I just did not expect to be up until 5 am. At 5 Carl finally woke up and came upstairs and made me go down to bed and I gladly did.
This brings me to my original statement on part of the reason Tuesday sucked. At about 7:15 Makayla woke up for the day and I asked Carl to be the one to go upstairs to get her which he immediately did. I actually drifted back to sleep when the next thing I know I hear the first of many loud crashes and bangs and Makayla screaming.The noises will haunt me forever and there is no way to put them into words, but I knew exactly what was happening after the first bang and scream. Carl was falling down the flight of 14 steps with Makayla...I had no clue if he dropped her or held onto her. On one hand I wanted to lay there frozen because I was so afraid of what I might find at the bottom of the steps...because at the end of those 14 steps is a small area of hardwood floors then the wall and front door with the door stops protruding from the wall and how could a 4 month old handle crashing into any of that. The reality is I could not lay there I jumped up and ran at full speed ahead...in fact we have one of those tall metal baby gates up in between the hall to our bedroom and the living room because of our dog and I seemed to forget all about it because I ran right into it with my stomach so hard that part of it came out of the wall. When I arrived at the end of the stairs I could not breathe or speak and I was crying, but somehow I muttered slowly "what happened is she ok". Carl said that he protected her and did not drop her...he may have squeezed her to death but he did not let her fall! Such relief...she was just screaming out of fear. It took me a while to recover from my heart attack...I think it was scarier for me because I could just hear those terrifying noises and had no clue what was going on...the fear of the unknown is tough! I still have a hard time even talking about it without getting upset it was that serious and scary y'all! Thankfully Carl is an amazing dad and protected her at the sake of hurting himself. The rest of the day Makayla did not want to be put down and honestly I did not mind one bit...I didn't want to put either of them down but they are so big I can't carry both of them so easily any longer. But I was just so thankful that Makayla was ok I just wanted to love on her. Carl banged himself up but he was just thankful his sweet little monkey Makayla was ok! This was by far the scariest moment we have had as parents so far with many more to come I am well aware. It was such a quick ordeal, but one that also could have changed our lives forever. The whole thing really put things into perspective for me though...it did not matter that I am completely sleep deprived and frustrated all that matters is that we have two beautiful healthy babies and yes at times things will be difficult, but at the end of the day I just need to thank God for how blessed we truly are and thank Him for protecting my family at all times!
The day got better when I found out some exciting news from a precious friend that afternoon. The rest of the evening went smooth...I made a cute video of the girls that is on Facebook, we had a yummy dinner with the girls grandpa and great grandma, followed by a smooth bedtime in their cribs. Things were starting to look up and for once they were not up exactly two hours after we put them down.
Then all the good came to a screeching halt when we got the devastating news that our best friends brother passed away tragically (when I find the time and strength I will try and share more on this subject). Which brings me back to my opening sentence Tuesday simply sucked! I am sorry for being so blunt...I always try and keep this blog as positive as can be, but this is the reality. It's been a crazy weeks of ups and downs and all sorts of emotions and it just is what it is.
I know that last week I said that I was going to try and catch up on the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately we have had a lot going on and with the girls who was I kidding...I just don't have the time or energy! It has taken me all day just to get to this point of this post between everything going on. I still have a couple posts to get out there like Halloween and all of their cuteness when I find the time though.
Basically though from the first of November the girls have been sick and all out of whack. We were very fortunate up until that point as far as their sleeping at night went. Then as soon as they hit four months between getting their shots and getting that horrible cold thats going around and then I actually got a stomach bug which the dr thinks Makenzie got a bit of as well things went downhill at night. For the past 2 weeks the girls were up EVERY 2 HOURS to eat!!! It was worse than when they were newborns! It was like an alarm clock went off in them throughout the day and night and if it was more than 2 hours (sometimes less) watch out world for the loud cries!!! Needless to say I was going crazy!
So Monday night I said that's it...we're going to try them in their cribs and see if that helps. We have still had them in our room because their room is upstairs and honestly I knew once we put them upstairs that Carl would no longer help me at night and when they are up all throughout the night to eat it is so helpful to have Carl to change them after I feed them. However it was time...they are four months old for crying out loud. So we tried it out...long story short the night did not go well. We knew it was going to be a work in progress though so I was not too shocked I just did not expect to be up until 5 am. At 5 Carl finally woke up and came upstairs and made me go down to bed and I gladly did.
This brings me to my original statement on part of the reason Tuesday sucked. At about 7:15 Makayla woke up for the day and I asked Carl to be the one to go upstairs to get her which he immediately did. I actually drifted back to sleep when the next thing I know I hear the first of many loud crashes and bangs and Makayla screaming.The noises will haunt me forever and there is no way to put them into words, but I knew exactly what was happening after the first bang and scream. Carl was falling down the flight of 14 steps with Makayla...I had no clue if he dropped her or held onto her. On one hand I wanted to lay there frozen because I was so afraid of what I might find at the bottom of the steps...because at the end of those 14 steps is a small area of hardwood floors then the wall and front door with the door stops protruding from the wall and how could a 4 month old handle crashing into any of that. The reality is I could not lay there I jumped up and ran at full speed ahead...in fact we have one of those tall metal baby gates up in between the hall to our bedroom and the living room because of our dog and I seemed to forget all about it because I ran right into it with my stomach so hard that part of it came out of the wall. When I arrived at the end of the stairs I could not breathe or speak and I was crying, but somehow I muttered slowly "what happened is she ok". Carl said that he protected her and did not drop her...he may have squeezed her to death but he did not let her fall! Such relief...she was just screaming out of fear. It took me a while to recover from my heart attack...I think it was scarier for me because I could just hear those terrifying noises and had no clue what was going on...the fear of the unknown is tough! I still have a hard time even talking about it without getting upset it was that serious and scary y'all! Thankfully Carl is an amazing dad and protected her at the sake of hurting himself. The rest of the day Makayla did not want to be put down and honestly I did not mind one bit...I didn't want to put either of them down but they are so big I can't carry both of them so easily any longer. But I was just so thankful that Makayla was ok I just wanted to love on her. Carl banged himself up but he was just thankful his sweet little monkey Makayla was ok! This was by far the scariest moment we have had as parents so far with many more to come I am well aware. It was such a quick ordeal, but one that also could have changed our lives forever. The whole thing really put things into perspective for me though...it did not matter that I am completely sleep deprived and frustrated all that matters is that we have two beautiful healthy babies and yes at times things will be difficult, but at the end of the day I just need to thank God for how blessed we truly are and thank Him for protecting my family at all times!
The day got better when I found out some exciting news from a precious friend that afternoon. The rest of the evening went smooth...I made a cute video of the girls that is on Facebook, we had a yummy dinner with the girls grandpa and great grandma, followed by a smooth bedtime in their cribs. Things were starting to look up and for once they were not up exactly two hours after we put them down.
Then all the good came to a screeching halt when we got the devastating news that our best friends brother passed away tragically (when I find the time and strength I will try and share more on this subject). Which brings me back to my opening sentence Tuesday simply sucked! I am sorry for being so blunt...I always try and keep this blog as positive as can be, but this is the reality. It's been a crazy weeks of ups and downs and all sorts of emotions and it just is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment