November 14, 2011











The girls 4 month checkup just happened to be on halloween so of course we had to dress them in orange tutu's with little pumpkins for their appointment (daddy just loved them lol).
Unfortunately that morning I woke up and could not even swallow my throat hurt so bad and I could not breathe. I had the dreaded cold that has been going around and that Carl had the week before. I started getting sick throughout the weekend and I'm sure all of the birthday festivities and pushing myself did not help make things any better. My main concern was the girls though and how do I not get them sick. So at the doctors that morning we spent quite a bit of time talking about how to treat them and take care of them if they did get this horrible cold because lets be honest I'm their mom and breastfeeding them so it's basically inevitable that they were going to get it. The doctor did offer me a pretty little mask to wear, but she also made it sound pointless since they had already been exposed.

The rest of the appointment was a typical checkup. They got all of their stats for height and weight and all that good stuff and were examined from head to toe. Makayla weighed 10lb 12.6oz which puts her in the 3rd percentile for her weight and her height was 23in putting her in the 9th percentile. Her head circumference was 15 3/4in which is in the 22nd percentile. Makenzie weighed 10lb 7.8oz which puts her in the 2nd percentile for weight and her height was 22 3/4 in putting her in the 6th percentile for height. Her head circumference was also 15 3/4in and in the 22nd percentile. As you can see we have tiny little peanuts especially for the weight and height, but don't let that fool you they are STRONG as can be and doing great!!! I was a little worried because their weight gain has slowed down and they went down in their percentiles, but the doctor was not too concerned and said as long as they are gaining weight that is what they want to see. She did suggest we do a weight check in 4 weeks just to double check things for everyones sake and I was all for it.

After they were all checked out and we talked with the doctor for a while it was time for shots. Because it was halloween all the staff was dressed up and our doctor was Peter Pan so her nurse was Tinkerbell. Needless to say I think the girls may never like Tinkerbell now since she gave them the shots and hurt them, but hopefully they were so young that they won't remember. Overall it was a good appointment and the girls handled it like champs!

No comments:

Post a Comment