November 9, 2011

A night of surprises!!!

After our nieces birthday party back on October 29 we headed over to my parents house to drop the girls off for the night. Carl let me know earlier that week that we would be going out for the night to celebrate my upcoming 30th birthday and the girls would be staying with my parents so it was no shock to me. After we dropped the girls off we headed home to get ready...Carl would not tell me anything that we would be doing other than to look nice and be ready by 7:30. So I did just that. While I was getting ready my first surprise arrived...it was one of our best guy friends from Wilmington! I was shocked to see him and he was honestly the last person I expected to show up here, but I was beyond excited! When it was finally time to go I walked out the front door to be surprised by a limo driven by my uncle for the night!!! We got in the limo and as hard as I tried they would still not tell me where we were going or what we were doing, but off we went. Next thing I know we are picking up a few of our closest friends along the way and then finally arrived at Jimmy V's for dinner! Dinner was absolutely delicious and perfect!!! This was exactly what I wanted to do. After dinner we got back in the limo where I was surprised by my cousin waiting in there to hang out with us. I still was not sure what we would be doing, but off we went again and picked up another one of our great friends who I was totally surprised to see. Then we headed downtown Raleigh. Carl had actually arranged for more friends to meet us downtown which I was unaware of, but unfortunately between our amazing dinner and taking a lot longer to get around in the limo than we had expected long story short we were unable to all meet up where he had planned. I felt horrible because I could tell how completely upset Carl was about it all, but we just went elsewhere with our friends and still had a blast! We ended the night with some drinks and dancing the night away!!!

This was exactly what I wanted to do...Carl had been asking me for a while what I wanted to do and I begged him to not have a big party. As much as I love to have a good time and see all of our friends things are just different these days and I needed a quieter birthday than usual. I told him all I wanted was to go out to a nice dinner with close friends and that is exactly what he planned for me; he just added to it and made it an amazing night full of wonderful surprises!!! I was a little worried he may not listen to me and do something crazy, but one thing I did know about that night was that a lot of our good friends were all going to be at a wedding so I think this may have helped me out a bit ;) Either way thank you honey for listening! And thank you to everyone who helped make the night so great!


I am beyond blessed with a wonderful husband that works so hard for our family and then to top it off goes above and beyond to always make me feel so special! Thank you Carl for being the most amazing husband and father and all that you do for us!!! We love and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment