Today was our week 35 OB checkup and it went very well. Makayla's heart rate was in the 140's and Makenzie's was in the 130's. Both very strong. We also had the strep B test, but since we have a scheduled C-Section the only way it would affect us is if we go into labor before the scheduled date. But they still do it just in case.
The Dr also did a cervical check and drumroll please...we have made progress people!!! My cervix is "VERY thin thin thin" in the Dr's words and 80% effaced. I am also a "loose 1cm dilated" (what is the difference in loose and just dilated I have no idea, but thats what the dr kept saying?!). Now if I was going to deliver vaginally being 1cm dilated may not mean all that much, but because we are having a c-section its a different story. Basically if I am having regular contractions she wants me to call and go to Labor and Delivery immediately, and even if I just get to 2cm dilated she considers that active labor/progress and we would go ahead and deliver. They do not want me to go past 3cm so we will keep an eye on things. This week my contractions have become more regular and a lot different (by different I mean way more painful, in my back, take my breath away for real, have not slept in 4 days, and cannot move without having them different)...I really should have called the other night when they lasted for hours, but I didn't want to overreact so by the time the Dr office opened and I got ready to call of course they had stopped so I just decided to wait until today's appointment to let her know. She said if that happens again to not wait and seemed a little upset that I did that, but its so hard considering I have been contracting for months to know the difference which she totally understood.
As of now we have a growth scan and follow up for Makenzie's brain scheduled on Monday at Duke so we will also have a labor check that day as well now. Of course if anything happens this weekend we will go to L and D.
In the meantime we (by we I mean Carl) are going to finish up things around the house and spend some time together and hopefully with some family as well. Who knows...could be our last weekend as just the two of us?! CRAZY!!!!! Or maybe the girls want to surprise their daddy with the best fathers day ever!!! Keep us in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment