Today's appointment went really well. The Dr's and the nurses were so excited that we have made it to 34 weeks and just kept saying how proud they are of us and really could not believe it!!! This made me feel really good to hear this from them!
Basically today was a typical weekly check up for the most part. Blood pressure was good, urine was good, cervix has thinned, Makayla's head has dropped even more, and the babies hearts were beating away. The only difference was we discussed that as of now we are planning for a c-section because Makenzie is still transverse. So I am waiting on the scheduler to call me back to set a date!Woooohoooooo!!!Typically with twins they will schedule a c-section at 38 weeks which is when they consider twins full term, but the Dr took one look at me after she said that and said but...I was so thankful to hear that but!!! She went on to say she can see how miserable I am and was truly shocked at how swollen I am and how much water I am retaining from head to toe (she called it "twins swelling"...I'm pretty sure she made this up), and then we also discussed the fact that I have been on months of bed rest plus all the pre-existing conditions. With all of that going on combined with the fact we had the steroid shots to develop the babies lungs (back around 29 weeks when they thought I could go into labor at any moment) she felt comfortable to schedule it at 37 weeks!!! I smiled so big when the Dr said 37 weeks that she got all excited because she said that's the first time she has seen that big smile in months! So we have an end in sight and are sooooooo excited!!! Of course anything can happen between now and then, but like the Dr said it makes such a difference to at least have that date and know that no matter what we will meet our girls soon enough! All that matters to us is that the girls are healthy...so whatever it takes for that to happen we will do! Another thing I was happy to learn today is that the day of the scheduled c-section we will have an ultrasound right before to see if anything has changed and if they are both head down we will try for a vaginal delivery...if not we will stick with the original plan of the c-section. No matter when it happens at this point we know God is in control and has a plan for us, and we cannot wait to love on our sweet M and M's!!! Thank you all for your sweet thoughts and prayers throughout all of this...they have definitely been heard and been such an encouragement!
No comments:
Post a Comment