Monday marked 33 weeks and we are just so blessed and excited to say that! Like I said...we had all those scares, months of bed rest, steroids, and all that good stuff and now these little girls are gonna wait till they are as big as can be and come at the last second. All that matters is that they are healthy though...and that is what is keeping me going!!!
Our next OB appointment is on Friday...its just a check up though so they will just check me out and listen to the girls heartbeats and just the normal stuff. Considering last week they could feel Makayla's head and I was 50% effaced I am interested to see if anything has changed. Then next Monday we will go back to Duke for another growth scan and the biggest thing is to check on Makenzie's ventricles in her brain and see whats going on there. I can't wait for this appointment!!!! We will update as soon as we can...in the meantime please pray the girls are still growing as healthy as can be and that Makenzie's brain is perfectly fine and no problems for either girl (or me)!
Now as far as I go...well lets just say I could use some prayers!!! Not only am I as big as a house, completely uncomfortable, back/hips killing me, swollen like a pig from head to toe, but now I have a wisdom tooth that has decided its time to come in and get infected! Looooooooonnngggg story very short I was having all these weird things go on for the last week and thought maybe I was developing preeclampsia, but as it turns out a lot of the same symptoms from that can mean a lot of other things and in this case the same symptoms are because my tooth is abscessed! So because it is infected it can not only cause labor, but the infection can negatively affect the babies. Therefore tomorrow I will be having my tooth extracted :( Could it be any better timing?! Ugghhh I am so frustrated...there is only so much they can do because I am pregnant and to help with the pain. Plus doing it can cause labor and clearly the last thing I want is for this to affect the girls at all so I am nervous for MANY reasons, but the risk versus benefit in this case according to the Dr's is to extract it immediately. I know that this is the best for the girls and like I have said this entire pregnancy I can deal with the pain and all the crap as long as the girls are ok.
I really don't want to complain about any of this because I know what a HUGE blessing these girls are, but its just one of those days and I could use some prayers! Every day is not perfect or easy and that is how life goes and I am well aware of that, but we are so blessed and know that no matter how tough some days are God is in control and with Him all things are possible! Plus lets be honest...I am 33 weeks pregnant with twins, GINORMOUS (how could I possibly grow anymore), beyond uncomfy (to the point I need help doing the simplest things like getting up), over 75 days of bed rest, pre-existing back and hip conditionsalong with arthritis and nerve damage just to name a couple, plus all the fun side affects that come along with pregnancy (and if it can happen it has most likely happened or happening), I am swollen beyond belief, contractions night and day, and now I have to have a tooth extracted?! I think I am allowed a moment to vent/complain. However, I know that all of this is going to be so worth it when we meet our lil M and M's and that is what keeps me going!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment