This week I received the results from my endoscopy, colonoscopy, and abdominal ultrasound. The biopsies from the colonoscopy and endoscopy all came back negative which is great…surprising but great! The colonoscopy also showed that my partial bowel obstruction was completely gone and nothing further had to be done there…Hallelujah I was not looking forward to anything more to do with that! The results of the endoscopy determined and diagnosed me with severe Gastritis (this explains the major pain in my stomach). Because of this I have to stop taking my back medicine and start taking two new proton pump inhibitor medications. In order to get my stomach better I have to be in worse pain in my back/body…such a catch 22 and frustrating!
The main purpose in the ultrasound was to look at my gallbladder to check for stones. There were none which is good, but the ultrasound does not show how things are functioning. Now I have to go in for a HIDA scan next week to look at the functions of my gallbladder and liver. After this test I will take all the recent Cat Scan and ultrasound results along with the Hida scan to meet with a surgeon to determine if anything needs to be done. In the meantime I am on a new medication for these issues. Incidentally during the ultrasound they found two small Hemangiomas on my liver which I was told are harmless. There was also an issue with my right kidney that I will follow up with my primary Dr about.
The question still remains why is my white blood cell count still elevated?! Well, I had some more lab work this week and am hoping to get to the bottom of this.
I am thankful to have a diagnosis on one of the three different issues going on, but I am frustrated not knowing the other two. I am so sick of the tests and thinking it's this or that especially when a Dr is so convinced "this is what is" and treats me for it and then we find out that is not the case. Maybe it will all just go away and I will wake up tomorrow and feel all better. One can hope right?! For now I am just thankful a lot of major stuff has been ruled out and will just continue to pray, take all three new meds (hoping they work), and take it one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment