September 20, 2012


First of all thanks for all the sweet messages and thoughts and prayers…means the world to me. Now onto today…

I have had 2 different things going on…I will not go into all the nasty details, but lets just say there have been problems in my upper abdomen and lower abdomen which is why they did both the Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. The good news is they found nothing major today, the bad news is no true answers YET. They did do some biopsies so now we will play the waiting game again for the next ten days. 

The Dr thought everything looked normal during the colonoscopy, but did some biopsies there just in case to make sure he was not missing anything. Last week my cat scan showed a partial bowel obstruction so a big part of the colonoscopy today was making sure the course of treatment worked and no further action was required…thankfully it was taken care of without anything further being done! That was an answer to prayer for sure!

During the Endoscopy he found inflammation in my stomach which should not be there so that was concerning. The biopsies done there are important and will hopefully provide some answers. For the past month they were treating me for an Ulcer and were very surprised to learn there are no Ulcers or anything they were expecting to find…yes this is good news, but at the same time I was very frustrated. Don't get me wrong I am thankful nothing major was found today, but I am frustrated because I was really hoping for answers to all of this.

I also had some lab work done a few weeks ago which showed elevated white blood cell count among some other stuff. Based on those results they put me on antibiotics hoping to treat whatever infection may be going on. Unfortunately my blood work this week showed my white blood cell count even more elevated now. Because of that and a few other things I am now going to have to have an abdominal ultrasound to check my gallbladder. If that is normal then onto the next until they figure out where the infection might be coming from. Where is Dr House when you really need him?!?!

So that is the deal for now…I will do my best at keeping you guys updated. Hopefully we can figure this out asap and get back to normal!


No comments:

Post a Comment