Last night was night 3 of my sweet little Makenzie Grace not sleeping because of a HORRIBLE cold. This is by far the sickest that she has been and it has been so hard! I just wish I could do something for her and make it all better. She is normally my good sleeper of the two, but she has been so sick that she has been unable to even nurse because she is so congested so sleeping has been rough. It has also thrown the girls onto completely different schedules as far as eating, napping/sleeping (when that actually happens), and playtime which makes for an extra long day and not a second to myself. I know it's just a matter of time before the rest of us get this crud.
This Saturday will also mark 3 months of my crazy little monkey Makayla not sleeping more than a couple hours here and there at night and her naps last anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, but average usually 30 minutes. The Dr is positive that she is suffering from bad separation anxiety and after these last couple of weeks of trying out his advice and suggestions I believe he is 100% correct. How do I fix this?!?! I love that she loves me so much, but I hate that she has these awful feelings.
Sadly I cannot remember the last time I slept for more than an hour straight and let me assure you I am absolutely EXHAUSTED!!! Everyone says sleep when the babies sleep...well that is IMPOSSIBLE when you have twins especially when they are so opposite lately! Not to mention my one child HATES to sleep. The most sleep I do get is in the morning when Carl takes care of the girls before he leaves for work and I cherish that time.
Right now I am banking on the fact that as the saying goes things happen in threes...well Makenzie has had 3 sleepless nights and Makayla has had 3 sleepless months so it has get to get better...RIGHT?!?! If not don't be surprised if my next post is written from a mental institution. I seriously feel some days like I am losing my mind...between not sleeping and all of my health/body issues especially as of lately, losing our dog, not to even mention the stresses/issues of everyday life (and me getting laid off when I was on bed rest to top all that off), and oh did I mention BOTH girls are teething.
Trust me I know things could be so much worse and we are truly blessed to have these sleepless nights with our girls, but right now I am tired, cranky, stressed, starving (oh yeah I have horrible eating habits now and have a hard time keeping up with the girls needs so whenever I do get the chance to eat they suck it all out of me), in pain, hurting, etc and just need to vent! So if anyone has ANY advice to offer I would appreciate it!!! Please keep us in your prayers :)
This Saturday will also mark 3 months of my crazy little monkey Makayla not sleeping more than a couple hours here and there at night and her naps last anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, but average usually 30 minutes. The Dr is positive that she is suffering from bad separation anxiety and after these last couple of weeks of trying out his advice and suggestions I believe he is 100% correct. How do I fix this?!?! I love that she loves me so much, but I hate that she has these awful feelings.
Sadly I cannot remember the last time I slept for more than an hour straight and let me assure you I am absolutely EXHAUSTED!!! Everyone says sleep when the babies sleep...well that is IMPOSSIBLE when you have twins especially when they are so opposite lately! Not to mention my one child HATES to sleep. The most sleep I do get is in the morning when Carl takes care of the girls before he leaves for work and I cherish that time.
Right now I am banking on the fact that as the saying goes things happen in threes...well Makenzie has had 3 sleepless nights and Makayla has had 3 sleepless months so it has get to get better...RIGHT?!?! If not don't be surprised if my next post is written from a mental institution. I seriously feel some days like I am losing my mind...between not sleeping and all of my health/body issues especially as of lately, losing our dog, not to even mention the stresses/issues of everyday life (and me getting laid off when I was on bed rest to top all that off), and oh did I mention BOTH girls are teething.
Trust me I know things could be so much worse and we are truly blessed to have these sleepless nights with our girls, but right now I am tired, cranky, stressed, starving (oh yeah I have horrible eating habits now and have a hard time keeping up with the girls needs so whenever I do get the chance to eat they suck it all out of me), in pain, hurting, etc and just need to vent! So if anyone has ANY advice to offer I would appreciate it!!! Please keep us in your prayers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment