January 10 was a horrible no good very bad day for us. Without having to relive it all here is the email we shared with our family & friends...
"It is with very heavy and sad hearts that I write this to let you guys know that our Fur Baby Lexi has gone to join Barney in doggie heaven. She has been sick and we knew something was obviously wrong with her although we did not want to acknowledge/admit it. So after much consultation with the vets, prayer, and each other the most difficult decision had to be made and the right thing had to be done...I keep thinking in my head how the best/right thing to do is always the hardest and I assure you this was. So sadly Lexi was put to sleep this evening after having some extra special time together over the past couple of days. Any other decision would have been selfish and delayed the inevitable and the best way to do it for us was quickly. We are obviously broken hearted over this and ask that you please understand that we DO NOT want to talk about this at all as it was one of the most difficult things we have had to do, but we wanted you to be aware so you can pray for our peace and comfort through this loss and also respect how difficult and devastating this is. We love you all and know that you will respect our wishes at this time and keep us in your thoughts and prayers.











"It is with very heavy and sad hearts that I write this to let you guys know that our Fur Baby Lexi has gone to join Barney in doggie heaven. She has been sick and we knew something was obviously wrong with her although we did not want to acknowledge/admit it. So after much consultation with the vets, prayer, and each other the most difficult decision had to be made and the right thing had to be done...I keep thinking in my head how the best/right thing to do is always the hardest and I assure you this was. So sadly Lexi was put to sleep this evening after having some extra special time together over the past couple of days. Any other decision would have been selfish and delayed the inevitable and the best way to do it for us was quickly. We are obviously broken hearted over this and ask that you please understand that we DO NOT want to talk about this at all as it was one of the most difficult things we have had to do, but we wanted you to be aware so you can pray for our peace and comfort through this loss and also respect how difficult and devastating this is. We love you all and know that you will respect our wishes at this time and keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely,
Traci and Carl
PS This is why I have not been responding to emails/messages and been distant as this has been a difficult and stressful situation to say the least."

RIP my sweet Lexi Lu we LOVE and MISS you!!!

Aside from the every day craziness of raising twins this is why I have been so silent on the blog lately. I have been stuck in this horrible funk and I am trying my hardest to snap out of it. This was for sure a lot harder than either of us thought it was going to be. It seriously has felt like we lost our child and it hurts. While struggling to have children Lexi was our child...through each miscarriage and difficult moment throughout she was ALWAYS there to snuggle, lick away our tears, and love us. During my 15 weeks of bed rest she never left my side and she was a great cuddler! Don't get me wrong she had her faults and difficulties, but I even miss each of those. Her good qualities far outweigh all the trying times, and like our dear friend said "she loved us like no other" and boy did she ever and we loved her just the same! I could seriously go on for days about what I love and miss about her and share literally 1000 pictures throughout the years, but at the end of the day I am so thankful to have all of those precious memories, videos, and photos and will always cherish them.
What I am most thankful for with our dogs Barney (he passed away in 2008) and Lexi that have now passed is that they prepared us to be the best parents that we can possibly be to our children. Not a day will go by that we won't miss our precious furry children, but I am just imagining that they are now together reunited in doggy heaven and having a blast just like the pictures below. Like the movie says...all dogs go to heaven!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment