October 14, 2011

Fun Fact Fridays

This has been a busy week for us, but in the midst of all the business we were able to capture a few new moments for the girls...



Last Friday I had another back procedure and was not suppose to carry/lift the girls or do anything other than rest for 24 hours (basically impossible with twins, but thankfully I have an awesome hubby and family to help me out and to remind me...thank you guys). So Carl decided to put the girls upstairs in their crib for the first time so that I would not be tempted to get up throughout the night to take care of them. (I of course made him take pictures since I could not go up there myself.) They surprisingly did GREAT...it took longer than usual to get them to sleep but once they did fall asleep they were great! They did way better than I did that is for sure. I literally stayed awake staring at the monitor until they woke up to eat at 3 am. Between the pain and side affects of the procedure and me not being inches away from them while they slept...I did not sleep until Carl brought them downstairs for me to feed them. So we will try again with the crib soon and I'll let you know how it goes.



Makayla this week has found her feet and her voice! She LOVES her feet...who knew feet were so funny?! She has also started to be a lot more vocal which is so much fun especially when the girls talk to each other like I interrupted in this picture below.





Makenzie can already hold her own bottle?! How is this grown up girl stuff already happening at 3 months old?! She is such a STRONG little girl for sure. She LOVES to stand all the time and she even flexes and growls like a body builder...it is the cutest little thing and I have got to get it on video asap! Here she is below showing off her standing skills and her cute little shoes :)



I also had a first this week and feel like an official mom now. Drumroll please.................Makenzie projectile vomited in my mouth!!!!!!!! Most disgusting moment ever!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wondered how people could let that happen and thought how I will NEVER let that happen to me...haha boy was I wrong. There was no stopping it. The best part is Carl stopped by just to say hello to us because we were not going to see him for dinner. So he had just gotten home and I lifted Makenzie up in the air and BAM there it was. I was literally in shock, but immediately spit it out everywhere and Carl busted out laughing so hard he was crying...I was crying because I did not know what else to do so I was trying to then laugh it off...Makenzie had no clue what was going on...it was a disaster! But thankfully he was here so I was able to take my time to get all cleaned up and Carl got the biggest laugh of his life. Welcome to motherhood...sorry no pictures of this one ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment