October 7, 2011

Fun Fact Fridays

It has been WEEKS since I last did a fun fact Friday, but now that we have a new computer I have been updating A LOT more finally. Plus I had yet another back procedure today so the girls were with my mom for the day and now daddy is on duty so I have some free time while I lay in bed to recover from this one. So onto the good stuff...

I've decided that instead of the girls being M and M that we will be changing it to P and P...why you may ask well our girls are seriously professional Poopers and Pukers. Makayla poops like its her job and Makenzie is not so bad herself...the girls are not shy about it and can blow out a diaper like its their business! They can clear a room with the stink and noises...its quite funny to hear, but not so fun to clean up. And poor Makenzie pukes like it is her job and Makayla lately has been a little worse herself which does not help with her Laryngomalacia I feel so bad for them, but we have had them at the Dr and made many calls to the nurses and doctors and they continue to tell me that as long as they are gaining weight that it is fine. The Dr told me some babies just do that and it could be that part of the bottom flap going to the stomach could be floppy and she will grow out of it. But I still hate so much for them...its not just spit up...its like full on projectile or tablespoons coming back up and I have no idea how they are getting any nutrients at all. We did just switch the reflux meds again this week when we were at Duke because of Makayla's Laryngomalacia and they told us to try it for Makenzie as well to see if it helps. So I am praying it does make a difference or that they will quickly grow out of this. I also had to cut dairy out of my diet because of the blood in the stool and it may also help with the vomitting...praying this all helps and fast!

We (or should I say Carl because I can't go up the stairs tonight b/c of the back procedure) also put the girls upstairs in their cribs tonight for the first time!!! This is BIG I mean HUGE for us!!! Wish us luck...especially Carl as he will be on duty all night!!! We shall see how long this lasts ;)

So there is your fun facts for the week...I promise to try and keep up with it better from now on...just try and cut me a little slack...its not like I have twin babies ;)

PS...please pray for me to heal quickly from my back procedure today and that this one and the next one in two weeks will actually help (oh and the 2nd shoulder injection from last week too to work and not have to have surgery) so I can be the best mom I can be and be done with all the pain (for a while at least)!!! Thank you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment