Last Friday I had to call the girls pediatrician for an issue with their poopy diapers and the color being green...I will spare you the details, but they wanted me to bring the girls in first thing Monday morning. Then on Sunday Makayla seemed a little bit congested and Makenzie was sneezing and had a bit of a cough occasionally (I thought it was most likely related to her reflux) so I mentioned something to Carl to remind me to say something to the Dr. They also were both a lot more sleepy than usual yesterday which I just figured was a growth spurt because there was no fever or anything else different. So this morning we took them in and long story short they both have an ear infection :( They are only 11 weeks and 6 days old and already have an ear infection...and how did I not know this?! I felt like a horrible mommy for not knowing, but the Dr reassured us that the symptoms they had could also mean a lot of normal things so we should not feel bad at all. Its tough though to not feel bad as new parents. When we were leaving the office I said to Carl that God made their poop green so that we would take them in and get them on the meds they need to get well quickly. As far as the green poop...Makayla tested positive for blood in her stool which most likely means a food allergy. They both tested positive for this when they were around 6 weeks old, but then it cleared up. Now if it does not clear up within a few days we will assume it is a food allergy and I will change my diet as they still only eat breast milk. I will start by eliminating all dairy from my diet which is 90% of what I eat. So please say some prayers for all of us and especially the girls to get well!!!
Despite them being sick I was able to get some cute pictures of the short playtime they did have today. Can you believe how much they have grown?! Look at those adorable pants with the built in little ballet shoes...too stinkin cute!!! Tomorrow they will be 12 weeks old...where did the time go?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment