
Well my suspisions were correct...both girls have reflux :( We started them on Zantac this past week and are praying that it works!!! I HATE to see them in pain...it just breaks my heart! We were hoping to avoid the medication route and were given some things to try differently over the last few weeks with feedings, but after we came home from vacation it was evident that they needed to go on the meds asap. At first we were just having problems with Makenzie and reflux and then all of the sudden it hit Makayla like a mack truck within a week. Its crazy how they can be perfectly fine to then miserable and projectile vomiting :(
Then this past Tuesday I woke up to a terrifying noise...Makayla was wheezing and struggling to breathe. Long story short we got her to the pediatrician and after examining her the Dr said "well the good news is its not asthma" (we were concerned this was the issue because Carl suffers from asthma and it runs in his family) so I am like ok well if thats the good news whats the bad news...she proceeded to say "I honestly think this could be just really bad reflux but because she snores and has grunted since day 1 I think we need to get her to a specialist to rule out some sort of congenital defects". I think she saw the panic look on my face because she then went on to say she would be willing to put money its just her reflux so don't worry...clearly this is easy for her to say and NOT easy for me to do. The Dr also said we should see some improvement from the meds, but this is not the case yet so either the Zantac is not working or it could be something else going on. It is so scary watching and hearing her struggle to breathe and not being able to do anything!!! Needless to say we go to the specialist at Duke Monday morning and could use some prayers please!
I know I have been slack about posting anything lately, but trust me when I say I have my hands full so please excuse me but I will update as soon as I can about this when I know something. Just please keep us in your prayers! Thank you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment