January 14, 2011

Guess the sex of the babies

Wednesday I had to go back to the Dr for yet another infection...got some more meds and should be good to go. Just waiting on some more labwork to make sure its not in my kidneys...so prayers would be greatly appreciated! While I was there the dr had to do a quick ultrasound to make sure I was not going into preterm labor...I do not show any signs PTL!!! She also took a quick look at the babies and discovered they are sitting very low. The DR said to me..."are you going to the bathroom alllll the time"...I said yes and she starts laughing and turns the monitor of the ultrasound and shows me the active little baby is sitting directly on my bladder already and was literally jumping up and down. It was cool to see but not to so much the funnest thing in the world...but hey you little ones are worth it!!

So yesterday we had our first trimester screening testing. Several have asked what this is and what it does so...According to the Mayo Clinic here is the deffinition of what it is and does:

"First trimester screening is a prenatal test that offers early information about a baby's health. Typically, first trimester screening is done between weeks 11 and 14 of pregnancy — earlier than many other prenatal tests.
First trimester screening includes two steps:
  • A blood test to measure levels of two pregnancy-specific substances
  • An ultrasound exam to measure the size of the clear space in the tissue at the back of a baby's neck (nuchal translucency)
Using your age and the results of the blood test and the ultrasound, your health care provider can gauge your risk of carrying a baby who has Down syndrome (trisomy 21) or Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18). Down syndrome causes mental retardation. Edwards syndrome causes more severe retardation and is often fatal by age 1.
If your risk level is low, first trimester screening can offer reassurance of a healthy pregnancy. If your risk level is high enough to cause concern, you may choose to follow first trimester screening with diagnostic testing — such as chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis. These tests are more invasive but can reliably determine whether a baby actually has Down syndrome or Edwards syndrome."

Things went really well from what the ultrasound tech said. She said the measurements looked good from what she saw, but she is not the Dr. The measurements will be sent out along with the bloodwork that I had done and then a Dr will anazlyze all of that together and we should get results within the next two weeks.

The ultrasound was high deff so it was really amazing! You could see everything...we still had a hard time figuring everything out, but the tech was awesome and explained everything on each baby numerous times. One of the babies kept waiving to us as if saying hello...it was really cool and of course hearing their little heart beats is just the best sound in the world! The heart beats went down a little bit which is perfectly normal. I guess they are higher in the first trimester and then they go down to between 120 and 160 as you get in the second trimester. One baby was around 161 and the other was around 158 or so. And the coolest part of the ultrasound was that she gave her opinion on the sex of the babies!!! Now it is not 100 percent because it is still very early, but she has been doing this for 20 years and was pretty confident in her opinion. For now until we are absolutely certain we are not going to announce it quite yet, BUT I would love to take a poll and see what everyone's guesses are! So below this post please comment and tell your guess on the twins sex and any name suggestions are gladly accepted as well or email us at tracib321@msn.com if you want to keep it private. For those that did hear yesterday PLEASE don't say anything to anyone...we are by no means 100 % on this.

I will post picts later of the ultrasound from yesterday!!!

14 comments:

  1. Am I right one blue one pink???

    ReplyDelete
  2. One and one - one boy, one girl. :) Loving the blog, by the way - had NO idea all you had gone through to get this far. Your kids are definitely going to feel the love from ALL sides when they get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two girls? Either way Traci and Carl I am soooo happy for you! I am sending up prayers for you daily. You guys are going to make AMAZING parents! I can't wait to find out what you are having!

    Take it easy Traci, and if you ever need ANYTHING let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl and Boy!! i'm not sure of a name yet...except for little Tricia and Little Phil sounds good!!lol whatever you have...we will love and hug, and kiss forever!!! love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! i think it's a girl and a boy!!! I love Chloe for a girl and i will have to think about a boy!! i love you all so much!!! can't wait to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you tell i'm computer stupid...i posted 2 times!! i will get it right next time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One boy and one girl :) And you know I already have plenty of names picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the blog, Traci!! My guess is one beautiful baby girl and one handsome little stud muffin boy!! :) No matter what sex they are, they will most certainly be the most adorable and loved babies on earth! I hope you can feel my excitement through this message!!! I just couldnt be happier for you and Carl! Eeeek!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im thinking 2 girls, because Carl needs more estrogen in his household, and because all the baby clothes that whitney has is for boys. Therefore, we all know it's two little angelic beautiful girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna say 1 of each:) if not then def 2 girls:))
    Sooooooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just catching up on your last few blogs...I know, a little late! I think it is two pretty little playmates for Sofia!! PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm guessing a boy and a girl for Carl sake. This family needs another guy in it. just saying, but if it is two girls we will all be just as excited.

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm guessing a boy and a girl for Carl sake. This family needs another guy in it. just saying, but if it is two girls we will all be just as excited.

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete